-->

Contents

Monday 6 December 2010

Models Own Reviews

Nail Polishes

From left to right: Juicy Jules, Lilac Dream, Golden Peach, Snow White
Keep reading to see swatches.

Juicy Jules: I was really excited to try this one as I had seen it over my friends pink polish and loved it. The formula is packed with different coloured glitter which means extra sparkly nails and perfect for Christmas! I did three coats and most of my nail was full of glitter, however without a colour underneath I don't think the glitter shows up that well. I then tried it with my New York Colour 'Times Square' polish and it looked fab and showed up really well.(This is just 2 coats, 3rd coat adds a lot more glitter).
Tip: If you wipe the brush before applying you get a little sprinkling of glitter, and if you load the brush up you will get alot more glitter and it still won't go clumpy, so you can achieve different looks with this - an absolute must have!

Lilac Dream: This is such a beautiful pastel colour! You get great coverage just after 1 coat, so that is all I really needed. 

Golden Peach: This is a peachy colour with a gold shimmer - so gorgeous! I used 3 coats for this one as it was slightly thinner, but it is really pretty. 

Snow White: This is a white colour with a slight shimmer which is really nice, white is not many common for nails so this may not appeal to you, I just decided I would try something different. I used 3 coats and it came up really nice but I think you could get away with just 2.
Lilac Dream, Snow White, Golden Peach, Juicy Jules.


Please excuse the state of my nails and skin, I have just gone through the gruelling process of removing acrylic tips! Better swatches will be provided of future polishes when they are back to normal condition.

Eyeshadow
After my amazement at the nail polishes, I was slightly disappointed when I got to the powder eyeshadow. When I took the lid off it looked absolutely gorgeous, black powder with purple sparkles, but when I applied it to my eyes it came out as a dark grey colour and the purple sparkles were not visible :( however I've read a lot of reviews about how pigmented their eyeshadows are supposed to be so maybe I just chose the wrong one, I will definitely be trying out more! (SWATCH COMING SOON)

Eyeliner
I personally found the eyeliner really good, and best of all it was free! - yes, at the moment you get a free kohl eyeliner with your order on the website, so get yourself over there quick! Aswell as the eyeliner being good, it also comes with a smudger on the other end and a sharpener on the lid so it's basically 3 in 1! (SWATCH COMING SOON)

Lipsticks
Now I read a few bad reviews about the models own lipstick in 'baby pink', but I loved the colour and decided I needed to try it. I have to agree with the rest, it isn't the most moisturising lipstick and didn't seem to blend in with my lips very well, as you may be able to tell on the picture on the right, but I think it may act as a nice base under another colour. It is very pigmented but looks a bit chalky, but I found if I rubbed it into my lips a bit it toned down slightly, and would probably look better with a bit if lipgloss over the top!

The 'hot pink' lipstick has a different formula as it is really moisturising but still holds it's colour on your lips, I really love this one! It won't be everyones cup of tea as it is quite bright, but I'm a real fan of pink lips so if any of you have any suggestions please comment :)

Is this post too long?
As you know I have only just started the whole blogging thing, so if you have any suggestions about my posts please let me know. It may be that you would find it easier to read in a different layout. Do you like quite a lot in one post or would you prefer if I did a post per product type? Remember I'm here to help you, so send me a message if there's anything you'd like me to change.


2 comments:

  1. Hi :) Love your blog, it's really good!! D'Atra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thankyou :) so glad someone is actually reading it! Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete